Private Tour :
Prices from €500Add to Cart
Book Multiple Tours and Save!
Duration : 7 hours
Private from : €500 per group
Rome : The Colosseum, Roman Forum, Piazza Venezia, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Pantheon.
The Vatican City : Vatican Museums, Octagonal Courtyard, Gallery of the Maps, Gallery of the Tapestries, Rooms of Raphael, Old Papal Apartments, Sistine Chapel, *St. Peter's Basilica
Private Tour :
|Tour Duration :||7 hours|
|Price Breakdown :||Price per group|
|1 - 5 People :||€500|
|6 - 8 People :||€600|
|9 - 12 People :||€700|
|Entrance fees :||Reg: €34, Reduced: €26 (Price above does not include entrance fee)|
|Meeting Time :||9:00am|
|Meeting Point :||Central location in Rome. Full details in confirmation email.|
Feel free to contact us with questions or to help you create an itinerary.
This full day private tour of Rome first begins by visiting the Coliseum and Roman Forum both inside and out learning about the emperors, gladiators, vestal virgins, and she wolves which make these sites so alluring. We discuss not only the fact but also the fiction and Hollywood behind the Ancient Roman World allowing you to have a full understanding of the area before heading off into the heart of present day Rome. ---We then make out way to Piazza Venezia and the Monument of Vittorio Emanuele II, better known to most as the 'Wedding Cake'. Standing at the base of this gigantic monument we will see Mussolini's headquarters, one of the old residences of Napoleon as well as the madness of Italian traffic before continuing on down small picturesque cobblestone streets, where the real treasures are.
Arriving at the Spanish Steps, surrounded by Gucci and Prada we see why this is the hottest area in town. Our English speaking private guide in Rome will bring you to the Trevi Fountain where you can cool off in the mist while throwing a coin over your shoulder ensuring a return visit. Following the small streets we then appear in front of the Pantheon. This monument never seizes to amaze and you will know why when looking up into the dome (which is a man made world wonder).
At this point in the day your stomach should be ready to indulge in the fine selection of Italian meats, pastas, gelato and perhaps an afternoon glass of red in the area of Piazza Navona. Our Rome guide will have many restaurant suggestions to fit any pallet whether it's seafood, spaghetti, pizza or some traditional Roman cuisine like tripe (stomach lining).
After an energizing lunch, we hop in a taxi and head over to the Vatican. We choose to cover this area last, not necessarily because we are saving the best for last but also because the morning crowds will have disappeared and the museums will be much more enjoyable. The Vatican has the largest collection in the world with many highlights to see, our private guide will make sure you see them! ---We visit the Greek and Roman Statuary Collection, the Gallery of the Maps, the rooms of the famous painter Raphael, Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel and the magnificent St. Peter's Basilica.
The costs mentioned include a Private English speaking guide in Rome for a duration of around 7 hours. The cost of this tour does not include entrance fees, food / beverages or taxi transfers within the city.
*If you wish to have a private driver for the course of the day the cost of a driver for a group of up to 5 people is €35euro / hour (total, not per person). Please mention that you would like a driver in the Special Requests section while booking.
- Entrance fees :
- Vatican : €20 - Regular ¦ Students aged 7-25 with valid I.D. - €12 ¦ Children aged 6 and under - Free -
- Colosseum : €14.00 - Regular ¦ E.U. Students aged 18-24 with valid I.D. - €6.5 ¦ E.U. Citizens under 18 and 65+ Free *Entrance fees are separate from the tour cost and payable on the day of your visit.
- Suggested Meeting Time : 9:00am. Although it is possible to switch the tour itinerary around in order to accommodate the different opening times of each site, we suggest an early start.
- Meeting Point : Colosseum Metro Station : Directly outside of the Colosseum Metro Station is where the guide will be waiting. Full details and a map will be included in a confirmation email.
- Dress Code & Security Restrictions : In order to enter the Vatican, both men and woman must have knees and shoulders fully covered. Tripods, Large Umbrellas, Large Backpacks, and laptops are not permitted through Vatican Security. Comfortable walking shoes
View Meeting Point - Rome in a Day & Rome Cruise Ship Excursion in a larger map